Question 1 : Which of the following statements is correct about interactions?
- They are enhancements of the effect.
- They are additive effects.
- They are spurious effects.
- They occur only in interaction with organismic dependent variables.
Question 2 : The objective of Response surface methodology is to _____________
- Maximize the response
- Minimize the response
- Optimize the response
- Neglect the response
Question 3 : In field experiments certain factors may require _____ plots than for others.
Question 4 : A factor with a range of settings, that is controlled by the user during use is called as -
- random factor
- robust factor
- nominal factor
- signal factor
Question 5 : The test for significance of regression is attest to determine whether a linear relationship exists between the response variable y and a subset of the regressor variables x1, x2, …..xk. The appropriate hypothesis are ______.
- H0 : b1 = b2 = ….. = bk = 0 H1 : bj ¹ 0 ……… for at least one j.
- H0 : b1 = b2 = ….. = bk = 1 H1 : bj = 0 ……… for at least one j.
- H0 : b1 = b2 = ….. = bk = -1 H1 : bj = 0 ……… for at least one j.
- H0 : b1 = b2 = ….. = bk = 1 H1 : bj ¹ 1 ……… for at least one j.
Question 6 : Which of the following is a statistical consideration in conducting experiments?
- statistically valid sample size should be used
- parts should be tagged during tests
- variable data should be used
- attribute data should be used
Question 7 : The main difference between traditional Design of Experiments and Taguchi's Design of Experiments is -
- Taguchi's DoE considers average to be more interesting to study than the variation
- Taguchi's DoE considers statistics to study variation
- Taguchi's DoE considers attribute data to study variation
- Taguchi's DoE considers variation to be more interesting to study than the average
Question 8 : What must we include when reporting an ANOVA?
- Standard deviation, degrees of freedom, Margin
- Degrees of freedom, Standard deviation, Means
- Means, Standard deviation, Margin
- Margin, degrees of freedom, Means
Question 9 : Each main plot is divided into subplots depending on the number of _______.
- Sub plot treatments
- Pre plot treatments
- Post plot treatments
- Modified plot treatments
Question 10 : Consider the equation used for estimation of parameters in Linear regression models . In this equation the size of the matrix X is___.
- n x p
- P x n
- k x p
- p x k
Question 11 : In the two one-half fractions 2k design the two factor interactions are given by ______.
- [BC] = 0.5 (a + b - c + abc) [AC] = 0.5 (-a + b – c + abc) [AB] = 0.5 (-a + b + c + abc)
- [BC] = 0.5 (a – b - c + abc) [AC] = 0.5 (-a + b – c + abc) [AB] = 0.5 (-a – b + c + abc)
- [BC] = 0.5 (a – b - c - abc) [AC] = 0.5 (-a + b – c - abc) [AB] = 0.5 (-a – b + c - abc)
- [BC] = 0.5 (-a + b - c - abc) [AC] = 0.5 (-a + b – c - abc) [AB] = 0.5 (-a + b + c - abc)
Question 12 : Designs in which more than one variable are studied simultaneously are called __________ designs.
- sum of squares
- two tailed
Question 13 : What will be the correct sequence of DOE to understand the process settings ?
- Interpret result-Perform Experiments-Prediction model-optimize the function
- Perform experiments-Interpret Result-Prediction model-optimize the function
- Perform experiments-Interpret result- optimize the function- Prediction model
- Perform experiments-Prediction Model-Interpret result- optimize the function
Question 14 : A procedure for moving sequentially in the direction of maximum decrease in the response is called __________ and used for ___________ .
- Method of steepest ascent, maximization
- Method of steepest ascent, minimization
- Method of steepest descent, minimization
- Method of steepest descent, maximization
Question 15 : Consider the equation used for estimation of parameters in Linear regression models . In this method equation for evaluation of is ____.
Question 16 : Factorial designs _______.
- include no more than one research hypothesis.
- cannot test participants across more than one condition.
- contain more than one null hypothesis.
- are ineffective when matched participants are included.
Question 17 : For a 2k-1 design with defining relation I=ABC, the experimenter wants to consider main effects and two-factor interaction effects; the alias matrix will be
Question 18 : Which of the following is an example of Taguchi's three level design?
Question 19 : Which of the following typically generate negative information about which factors do not make a difference in the quality characteristic of interest?
- sample data sets
- attribute data sets
- bad data sets
- good data sets
Question 20 : Consider the mathematical model y = f (x, z); Now determining the x variability so that the effects of the uncontrollable variables are minimized is called ____.
- Process optimization
- Robust design
- Process control
- Process characterization
Question 21 : A continuous form of data is called as-
- attribute data
- variable data
- discontinuous data
- sample data
Question 22 : Which of the following S/N ratio you will choose for defects?
- smaller the better
- larger the better
- nominal the best
- optimum the better
Question 23 : The method of steepest ascent is a procedure for moving sequentially in the.
- direction of the average increase in the response
- direction of the minimum increase in the response
- direction of the maximum increase in the response
- Direction perpendicular to the maximum increase in the response
Question 24 : The design in which no main effect is aliased with any other main effect, or with any two-factor interaction, but two-factor interactions are aliased with each other are called _____.
- Resolution VI design
- Resolution V design
- Resolution IV design
- Resolution III design
Question 25 : What is the appropriate statistical test for a factorial design?
- the Modes test