Distributed Computing MCQ
Question 1 : A heterogeneous distributed database is______________
- A different DBMS is used at each location and data are distributed across all nodes.
- The same DBMS is used at each location and data are not distributed across all nodes
- The same DBMS is used at each location and data are distributed across all nodes.
- A different DBMS is used at each location and data are not distributed across all nodes.
Question 2 : Correctness rules for data fragmentation includes
- Reconstruction ,Completeness , Disjointness
- Disjointness, Completeness , Reconstruction
- Completeness , Reconstruction , Disjointness
- Completeness , Disjointness Reconstruction
Question 3 : In which of the following scenario, using XML native storage would be inappropriate?
- Fixed schema
- You want to query and modify your XML data
- You want to index the XML data for faster query processing
- Your application needs system catalog views to administer your XML data and XML schema
Question 4 : __________ is primarily designed to fulfill the criteria of being non-blocking in nature compared to its counterpart 2PC
- The two phase commit protocol
- The three phase commit protocol
- The four phase commit protocol
- The five phase commit protocol
Question 5 : The default model for complex type, in XML schemas for element is
- Text Only
- Element only
- Text and element
Question 6 : For Bond Energy Algorithm input is_______________
- CA matrix
- AC matrix
- AA matrix
- CC matrix
Question 7 : A distributed transaction can be ____ if queries are issued at one or more nodes.
- Fully read-only
- Fully read-write
- Partially read-only
- Partially read-write
Question 8 : When transaction Ti requests a data item currently held by Tj, Ti is allowed to wait only if it has a timestamp smaller than that of Tj (that is, Ti is older than Tj). Otherwise, Ti is rolled back (dies). This is
Question 9 : In distributed database the database is distributed across multiple sites on the network, but the performance expected is __________as that from the centralized database.
- Based on network bandwidth
- Based on workload
Question 10 : Factors that affect the Design of distributed databases
- Fragmentation , Allocation, Replication
- Fragmentation , Affinity, Redundancy
- Fragmentation , Allocation, Recovery
- Fragmentation , Availability, Replication
Question 11 : Database system and computer networks, these are two technologies unified together to form _________________
- Distributed Database System (DDBS).
- Distributed Network System (DDNS).
- Distributed Database Security (DDBSE).
- Distributed Data Protocol (DDP).
Question 12 : Well formed XML document means
- It contain an element
- must contain one or more elements and root element
- It contain an element
- It contain one or more elements
Question 13 : Heterogeneous database design is a
- Top down approach
- Bottom up approach
- Horizontal approach
- Sparse approach
Question 14 : Allocation of fragment is based on____
- Locality of reference
- Locality of distance
Question 15 : Hybrid fragmentation is a combination of ______________________
- Vertical and derived fragmentation.
- Horizontal and vertical fragmentation.
- Horizontal and row wise fragmentation.
- Horizontal, vertical and derived fragmentation
Question 16 : Transaction start with______
Question 17 : language for querying XML data is
- Any QUERY Language
Question 18 : A distributed database has which of the following advantages over a centralized database?
- Software cost
- Software Complexity
- Slow response
- Modular growth
Question 19 : ____ query optimization takes place at execution time.
Question 20 : Distributed Execution manager is at ____
- Local level
- Global level
- Network level
- Security level
Question 21 : The deadlock state can be changed back to stable state by using _____________ statement.
Question 22 : The local queries are optimized by the local database_______
- Local machines
- Remote machines
Question 23 : The representation of the query in the form of data structure is called
- Query graph
- Spanner tree
- Query tree
- Parser tree
Question 24 : In__________ when some transaction reads the same tuple twice but it gets different data values each time.
- Repeatable read
- Write committed
- Read committed
- Non repeatable read
Question 25 : Deadlock ____ is better than avoidance