Question 1 : The DBMS is an interface between __________and _________components of a database system?
- Database application and the database
- Data and the database
- The user and the database application
- Database application and SQL
Question 2 : The availability of same data at multiple places is known as
- Atomicity problem
- Data Inconsistency
- Data Isolation
- Data Redundancy
Question 3 : __________is an example of a multi-valued attribute .
- Adhar card number
- PAN number
- Roll number
- Phone Number
Question 4 : ________is used to show the number of instances of one entity can or must be associated with each instance of another.
- Cardinality constraint
- Entity instance
- Associative entity
- Multi-valued attribute
Question 5 : In an ER diagram, Instructor entity is the Parent entity and Employee entity is child entity. Then which of the following statement is correct?
- If Instructor is deleted, then Employee is also deleted
- If Employee is deleted, then instructor is also deleted
- Instructor can not be deleted
- Employee can not be deleted
Question 6 : Entity is nothing but a _________
- Object of relation
- Present working model
- Thing in real world
- Model of relation
Question 7 : Identify the one which is not a valid binary operation in the relational algebra.
- Set Difference
- Cartesian Product
Question 8 : Relationships in a relational model between relations or tables are created by using:
- composite keys.
- candidate keys.
- foreign keys.
Question 9 : Which one statement about keys is correct out of the following?
- Candidate key is a subset of super key
- Super key is a subset of candidate key
- Candidate key is a subset of primary key
- A relation can have only one candidate key
Question 10 : Identify the use of HAVING clause.
- Acts like a WHERE clause but is used for groups rather than rows.
- Acts like a WHERE clause but is used for rows rather than columns.
- Acts like a WHERE clause but is used for columns rather than groups.
- Acts EXACTLY like a WHERE clause.
Question 11 : Identify one of the following that cant be added in the CREATE TABLE command of SQL ?
- Names and data types of the table columns
- Primary keys and foreign keys of table
- default values for table columns
- Who is authorized to access the table
Question 12 : _______________is the invalid data type in SQL.
Question 13 : Identify the column that cant be updated in the database.
- DATE type columns in the table
- Columns which allows NULL values in the table
- A primary key column which also serves as foreign key reference in another table
- TIME type column
Question 14 : Select ________ project_name from project; replace _______with suitable value to print the unique values of the column ?
Question 15 : Select ID, p_name, allowance * 2.1 where project; The query given will not give an error. Which has to be replaced to produce the desired output?
Question 16 : The concept of Normalization IS NOT used for____________
- eliminating uncontrolled redundancy of data stored in the database.
- eliminating number of anomalies that could otherwise occur with inserts and deletes.
- ensuring that functional dependencies are enforced.
- reducing the number of joins required to satisfy a query.
Question 17 : If the attribute of relation schema R is not a member of some candidate key then this type of attribute is classified as
- nonprime attribute
- prime attribute
- atomic attribute
- candidate attribute
Question 18 : Designer specified dependency rules in database design are known as _______
- Designer dependencies
- Database rules
- Functional dependencies
- Data Integrity
Question 19 : A relation is in this form if it is in BCNF and has no multivalued dependencies:
- second normal form.
- third normal form.
- fourth normal form.
- domain/key normal form.
Question 20 : Consider money is transferred from (1)account-A to account-B and (2) account-B to account-A. Which of the following form a transaction?
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2 individually
- Either 1 or 2
Question 21 : A _________ is a sequence of query and/or update statements.
Question 22 : The command that is used to get back all the transactions back after rollback?
Question 23 : Transaction processing is associated with everything given below except___________________
- Producing detail summary or exception report
- Recording a business activity
- Maintaining a data
- Conforming an action or triggering a response
Question 24 : ___________is used to remove all rows from a table without logging the individual row deletions.
Question 25 : Consider a relation R (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H), where each attribute is atomic, and following functional dependencies exist. CH → G A → BC B → CFH E → A F → EG The relation R is __________ .
- in 1NF but not in 2NF
- in 2NF but not in 3NF
- in 3NF but not in BCNF
- in BCNF