Ipr And Patenting MCQ
Question 1 : Where is the headquarters of USPTO located?
- Detroit, Michigan
- Denver, Colorado
- Dallas, Texas
- Alexandria, Virginia
Question 2 : Indian National IPR Policy came out in the year
Question 3 : Patil Jewellers is a bad trademark. Reason is.......
- Common Names, Names of community and name of person should be avoided
- Jewellery business must not have a trademark
- Nature of business should not be a part of trademark
- It is already taken by someone
Question 4 : Which of the following is not a category of copyright work
- Literary works
- Musical work
Question 5 : Patent can be infringed
- Directly only
- In-directly only
- directly as well as indirectly
Question 6 : Duration of patent is
- 20 years from the date of application
- 20 years from the date of publication
- 20 years from the date of grant
- 20 years from the date of examination
Question 7 : An application for a patent shall ordinarily be published after
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 36 months
Question 8 : Which court has the jurisdiction to entertain a trademark infringement suit?
- High Court
- special court
- supreme court
- labour court
Question 9 : Defensive protection in traditional knowledge aims to _______________
- encourage people outside the community from acquiring intellectual property rights over traditional knowledge
- stop people outside the community from acquiring intellectual property rights over traditional knowledge
- Hide IP
- stop people withinthe community from acquiring intellectual property rights over traditional knowledge
Question 10 : The publication of a patent application shall be available
- Official Journal of the Patent office
- Official Gazette of the Government of India
- Website of the Press Information Bureau
- National Newspapers on every Tuesday
Question 11 : A party may seek a compulsory license, after _______of the grant of a patent.
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
Question 12 : Upon obtaining a provisional patent, the inventor/inventors may use _____ tag when they try to find the commercial potential of their new design/process.
- Patent completed
- Patent resume
- Patent pending
- Patent submitted
Question 13 : Discovery of a new galaxy is
- a patentable subject matter
- non-patentable under section 3(a) of Indian Patent Act 1970
- non-patentable under section 3(b) of Indian Patent Act 1970
- non-patentable under section 3(c) of Indian Patent Act 1970
Question 14 : Biological Diversity means ___________
- Biological Destruction
- the similiarity among living organisms from all sources and the ecological complexes
- the variability among living organisms from all sources and the ecological complexes
- Biological Disturbance
Question 15 : How many types of compulsory licenses are provided for under the Indian patent Act?
Question 16 : A patent protects the .......... aspects of a product.
Question 17 : what is the problem for the incumbent manufacturers in many industries?
- they may not own the intellectual property (IP) that new digital technologies are built upon
- they may own the intellectual property (IP) that new digital technologies are built upon
- world is changing slow
Question 18 : Local and indigenous communities are using traditional knowledge for ______
- Agriculture and food storage
Question 19 : As per____ a work created by an individual represents their specific character as an individual, natural rights demands that we accept the resulting development as its creator's exclusive property.
- Personality Theory
- Labour Theory
- Natural theory
- Social Contract Theory
Question 20 : What is genomics?
- Genomics is the study of the only part of the genetic or epigenetic sequence information of organisms
- Genomics is the study of the economics and genetis
- Genomics is the study of information
- Genomics is the study of knowledge
Question 21 : WIPO is situated at..
- New York
Question 22 : Patent is not granted
- new technical solution to a problem
- for an idea or principle
Question 23 : Design patents may be granted to whom in US Scenario?
- anyone who uses design
- anyone who replicates useful process or machine
- anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for an article of manufacture
- anyone who replicates a ornamental design
Question 24 : Opposition Board consists of
- 4 members
- 3 members
- 5 members
- 7 members
Question 25 : A patent is ____________granted by a country to the owner of an invention to make, use, manufacture and market the invention, provided the invention satisfies certain conditions stipulated in the law.
- exclusive right
- Inclusive right
- Both a and b
- tangible property
Question 26 : Is Indian Patent Act 1970 applicable to Ladakh Union Territory?
- Jammu and Kashmir has an independent Patent Act
- Ladakh Union Territory has an independent act
Question 27 : A National Phase Application may be filed in India because India is a member of the
Question 28 : The appropriate court by institution of a suit for infringement of patent is:
- The District Court
- The High Court
- A or B
Question 29 : Trademark confers......rights to use the mark
Question 30 : Claims are needed to be filled in
- Form 1
- Form 2
- Form 3
- Form 15