Distributed Computing MCQ
Question 551 : What is common problem found in distributed system ?
- Process Synchronization
- Communication synchronization
- Deadlock problem
- Power failure
Question 552 : In distributed file system, _______ is mapping between logical and physical objects.
- client interfacing
Question 553 : When will file system fragmentation occur?
- unused space or single file are not contiguous
- used space is not contiguous
- unused space is non-contiguous
- multiple files are non-contiguous
Question 554 : What is the advantage of caching in remote file access?
- Reduced network traffic by retaining recently accessed disk blocks
- Faster network access
- Copies of data creates backup automatically
- Copies of data resolves inconsistencies
Question 555 : What are the advantages of file replication ?
- Improves availability &performance
- Decreases performance
- They are consistent
- Improves speed
Question 556 : Which one of the following explains the sequential file access method?
- random access according to the given byte number
- read bytes one at a time, in order
- read/write sequentially by record
- read/write randomly by record
Question 557 : The sections of a program that need exclusive access to shared resources are referred as___________
- Critical sections
Question 558 : Fault tolerance is a ______ requirement that requires a system to continue to operate,even in the presence of faults
Question 559 : What are characteristic of Network Operating Systems?
- Users are aware of multiplicity of machines
- They are transparent
- They are coherent
- Users are unaware of multiplicity of machines
Question 560 : When the process issues an I/O request __________
- It is placed in an I/O queue
- It is placed in a waiting queue
- It is placed in the ready queue
- It is placed in the Job queue
Question 561 : The NFS client module caches the results of ------------------- operations in order to reduce the number of requests transmitted to servers.
- svmlink,rmdir, read and write
- rmdir,read,lookup and write
- read, write, getattr, lookup and readdir
- Lookup, getattr, readdir, and rmdir
Question 562 : A bully election algorithm:
- picks the first process to respond to an election request.
- relies on majority vote to pick the winning process.
- assigns the role of coordinator to the processs holding the token at the time of election.
- picks the process with the largest ID.
Question 563 : The server does not handle the request itself but passes it to a seprate thread is called ____.
- iterative server
- multi-threaded server
- concurrent server
- distributed server
Question 564 : The local operating system on the server machine passes the incoming packets to the ________.
- server stub
- client stub
- client operating system
- client process
Question 565 : Message queuing systems is design for __________
- transient communication
- synchronous communication
- tightly coupled communication
- loosely coupled communication
Question 566 : What are the characteristics of a distributed file system?
- Its users, servers and storage devices are dispersed
- Service activity is not carried out across the network
- They have single centralized data repository
- There are multiple dependent storage devices
Question 567 : With ................ only one process can execute at a time; meanwhile all other process are waiting for the processer. With .............. more than one process can be running simultaneously each on a different processer.
- Multiprocessing, Multiprogramming
- Multiprogramming, Uniprocessing
- CMultiprogramming, Multiprocessing
- Uniprogramming, Multiprocessing
Question 568 : MOM stands for?
- Message oriented middleware
- Mails oriented middleware
- Middleware of messages
- Main object middleware
Question 569 : For proper synchronization in distributed systems _____
- prevention from the deadlock is must
- prevention from the starvation is must
- prevention from the deadlock & starvation is must
- none of the mentioned
Question 570 : The ability of distributed system to hide the fact is known as?
Question 571 : Two types of subscriptions present for replication is _____________
- push and pull
- throw and pull
- push and throw
- Pull and throw
Question 572 : Which among below is not a technique commonly used for scaling in Distributed System
- Hiding Communication Latency
- Hide Performance
- Hide Distribution
- Hide Replication
Question 573 : A gateway for the server side object.
Question 574 : Which event is concurrent with the vector clock (2, 8, 4)?
- (3, 9, 5)
- (3, 8, 4)
- (1, 7, 3) à
- (4, 8, 2)
Question 575 : The client stub is called by the __.
- client and server
Question 576 : The Electronic mail system is a -
- Types of message Passing
- Types of communication
- Types of Internet
- Part of RPC
Question 577 : In case of good process migration mechanism, _____________ means failure of any node other than the one on which the process is running should not affect the execution of the process.
Question 578 : Google Distributed System is
- arbitrary system
- search engine is now a major player in cloud computing.
- GNS server
- computer networking standards
Question 579 : The local operating system on the server machine passes the incoming packets to the ___________
- Server stub
- Client stub
- Client operating system
- Client process
Question 580 : In HDFS, . ________ is the slave/worker node and holds the user data in the form of Data Blocks.
- Data block
Question 581 : Which of the following is a disadvantage of replication?
- Reduced network traffic
- If the database fails at one site, a copy can be located at another site.
- Each site must have the same storage capacity.
- Each transaction may proceed without coordination across the network.
Question 582 : In which transmission mode data transfer is subject to maximum and minimum end to end delay
- Synchronous transmission mode
- Asynchronous transmission mode
- Isochronous transmission mode
- None of the above
Question 583 : Following is not Task Assignment Approach algorithms
- Graph Theoretic Deterministic Algorithm
- Centrilized Heuristic Algorithm
- Raymond's Algorithm
- Hierarchical Algorithm
Question 584 : Which file system implements the most stringent semantics of file sharing
- Unix Semantics
- Session Semantics
- Transaction Semantics
- Network Semantics
Question 585 : Which application-level protocol plays a crucial role in carrying out the data definition and manipulation in addition to X-500 features?
Question 586 : In the Singhal's algorithm, each request is assigned _____ which determines its priority
- a globally unique timestamp
- an interrupt
- a counter
- a quartz crystal
Question 587 : Pretransfering also known as__
Question 588 : In the case of____________ , changes to an open file are only locally visible.
- session semantics
- immutable files
- atomic transactions
- Client Interfacing
Question 589 : The following is the desirable feature of global scheduling algorithm:
- Dynamic in nature
- Static by nature
- Cannot assure about actual nature
- Fix in nature
Question 590 : A client's clock reads 3:20:00. The server's clock reads 3:10:00 when they synchronize using Cristian's algorithm. Assume message delays are negligible. What is the time at the client after synchronization?
Question 591 : ____ defines the way in which the components of the system interact with each other & mapped onto an underlying network of component.
- Interaction model
- Fault model
- Architectural model
- Security model
Question 592 : What will happen in the single level directory?
- All files are contained in different directories all at the same level
- All files are contained in the same directory
- Depends on the operating system
- Depends on hardare
Question 593 : _________these policies are used in GFS to be highly available
- Fast Recovery , Chunk Replication
- Fast Recovery , Garbage Collection
- Master Replication , Data Integrity
- Master Replication , Garbage collection
Question 594 : In the case of____________ changes to an open file are only locally visible.
- Mutable Files
- Immutable Files
- Atomic Transactions
- Session Semantics
Question 595 : What are the different ways in which clients and servers are dispersed across machines ?
- Servers may not run on dedicated machines
- Servers and clients can be on same machines
- Distribution cannot be interposed between a OS and the file system
- OS cannot be distributed with the file system a part of that distribution
Question 596 : Lamport algorithm requires ____messages per Critical Section invocation and the synchronization delay in the algorithm is ___
- 3(N-1), T
- 3(N-1), 2T
- 3(N), T-1
- 3(N), 2(T-1)
Question 597 : A distributed database is which of the following?
- A single logical database that is spread to multiple locations and is interconnected by a network
- A loose collection of file that is spread to multiple locations and is interconnected by a network
- A single logical database that is limited to one location.
- A loose collection of file that is limited to one location.
Question 598 : In wound-wait If a young process wants a resource held by an old process, the young process will _____
- Restarts and wait
Question 599 : Internet provides _______ for remote login.
Question 600 : Which of the following is true about heterogeneous architecture?
- There is no mixed architecture style at one abstraction level
- Heterogeneous architecture implies increased time efficiency
- If the general structure of a system is connected using one architecture style, and each component can use a different one, this is one example of heterogeneous architecture
- Heterogeneous architecture implies decreased time efficiency