Question 801 : RPC works between two processes. These processes must be ___________.
- Only on the same computer
- Only on different computers connected with a network
- on the same computer and also on different computers connected with a network
- on none of the computers
Question 802 : Load sharing algorithms employ the load estimation policy to measure load of a node. In sender initiated policy,
- Lightly loaded nodes search for heavily loaded nodes
- Heavily loaded nodes search for heavily loaded nodes
- Heavily loaded nodes search for lighlty loaded nodes
- Lightly loaded nodes search for lighlty loaded nodes
Question 803 : Select NON-token-based algorithm from the options below.
- Suzuki–Kasami’s Broadcast Algorithm
- Singhal’s Heuristic Algorithm
- Raymond’s Tree-Based Algorithm
- Ricart–Agrawala Algorithm
Question 804 : Message passing system allows processes to __________
- communicate with one another without resorting to shared dat
- communicate with one another by resorting to shared data
- share data
- name the recipient or sender of the message
Question 805 : In Singhal's algorithm, the information structure at site consists of ___ sets
- request and inform
- request and reply
- inform and priority
- reply and priority
Question 806 : RMI stands for?
- Remote Mail Invocation
- Remote Message Invocation
- Remaining Method Invocation
- Remote Method Invocation
Question 807 : The middleware cannot deliver a message due to a
- Transmission interrupt
- Message failure
- Invalid Recipt
- Missing Field
Question 808 : Consider the following set of processes, the length of the CPU burst time given in milliseconds. P1 - 6, p2 - 8, p3 -7, p4 - 3. Assuming the above process being scheduled with the SJF scheduling algorithm.
- The waiting time for process P1 is 3ms
- The waiting time for process P1 is 0ms
- The waiting time for process P1 is 16ms
- The waiting time for process P1 is 9ms
Question 809 : __________ is a process that prevents multiple threads or processes from accessing shared resources at the same time
- Critical section
- Message passing
- Mutual Exclusion
Question 810 : _________ transparency hides failure and recovery of a resources.
- Location transparency
- Access transparency
- Failure transparency
- Migration transparency
Question 811 : Many applications tolerate some amount of inconsistency and accept that the replicas eventually become consistent over a period of time. For example, DNS and web caches server. Which consistency model is useful in this scenario?
- Data-centric consistency model
- Client-centric consistency model
- Server Centric consistency
- Database-centric Consistency
Question 812 : TCP is reliable _______ protocol which supports reliable point to point communication in distributed system.
Question 813 : Hide where a resource is located which type of transparency is this?
Question 814 : Which of the following process can be affected by other processes during execution in the system?
- init process
- child process
- parent process
- cooperating process
Question 815 : A type of the fault which occurs, vanishes, reappears; but follows no real pattern
- Transient Fault
- Intermittent Fault
- Permanent Fault
- Temporary fault
Question 816 : In weak consistency-------
- one operation on a synchronization variable is allowed to be performed until all previous writes have been completed everywhere.
- Two operations on a synchronization variable is allowed to be performed until all previous writes have been completed everywhere.
- All operations on a synchronization variable is allowed to be performed until all previous writes have been completed everywhere.
- No operation on a synchronization variable is allowed to be performed until all previous writes have been completed everywhere.
Question 817 : In RPC , while a server is processing the call, the client is blocked
- Unless the client sends an asynchronous request to the server
- Unless the call processing is complete
- For the complete duration of the connection
- Unless the server is disconnected
Question 818 : GNS allows you to locate services via an _________ wherever the service is located, whether on the local system or on a remote node.
- user name
- arbitrary name
- system name
- address name
Question 819 : Fault tolerance in distributed systems is the method used for ___________.
Question 820 : The ------accesses to synchronization variables associated with a data store are sequentially consistent
- Weak Consistency
- Casual consistency
- FIFO consistency
- Optimal consistency
Question 821 : A typical _________ program creates some remote objects, makes references to these objects accessible, and waits for clients to invoke methods on these objects.
Question 822 : When potential causality exists between different messages is preserved in_______.
- Unoredered multicast
- FIFO ordered multicast
- Casually ordered multicast
- Totally ordered multicasts
Question 823 : When a user refers to a particular file?
- system MFD is searched
- his own UFD is not searched
- both MFD and UFD are searched
- every directory is searched
Question 824 : In consistent ordering when recieving the message each member calculate its proposed sequence number by using the function____________
- max(Fmax, Pmax) + I + i/N
- min(Fmax, Pmax) + I + i/N
- min(Fmin, Pmax) + I + i/N
- max(Fmin, Pmin) + I + i/N
Question 825 : Message passing provides a mechanism to allow processes to communicate and to synchronize their actions ________
- By sharing the same address space
- without sharing the same address space
- by sharing the same Process Identifier
- by sharing the same process number
Question 826 : Communication channels may suffer through
- arbitrary failures
- reliable communication
Question 827 : In X.500, hierarchical organization of entries which are distributed across one or more servers is
- Directory System Agents (DSA)
- Relative Distinguished Name (RDN)
Question 828 : Which of the following disadvantages follows the single coordinator approach?
- Slow response
- One request per second
Question 829 : In a nutshell, what Birrell and Nelson suggested was allowing programs to call procedures located on other machines related to
Question 830 : The time in which the remote updating is reflected locally is called as _________.
Question 831 : _______________ in NFS involves the parsing of a path name into separate directory entries – or components.
- Path parse
- Path name parse
- Path name translation
- Path name parsing
Question 832 : The section of a program that need exclusive access to shared resources is referred to as
- Critical Section
- Time Server
- Mutual Area
Question 833 : In _______ assignment of job is done at run
- Dynamic load balancing algorithm
- Static load balancing algorithm
- Symmetric load balancing algorithm
- Asymmetric load balancing algorithm
Question 834 : Satefull Service in DFS is i)It maintains what files are opened by a client; connection identifiers; server caches ii)Memory must be reclaimed when client closes file or when client dies iii)The server can maintain information on behalf of the client, but it's not required.
- Only i
- Only ii
- i and ii only
- i,ii,and iii
Question 835 : If Task size is known,then the mapping is called
- Static Mapping
- Dynamic Mapping
- Array Mapping
- Processor Mapping
Question 836 : _________ class contains an implementation of a proxy.
Question 837 : In global google system Ranking algorithm is called
Question 838 : A process can be ___________
- single threaded
- single threaded and multithreaded
Question 839 : which of the service offered by middleware is used to provide security to the various shared resources provided by the stystem?
- Persistance service
- Querying service
- Naming service
- Security service
Question 840 : Every remote object has a remote interface that specifies which of its
- Methods can be invoked remotely
- Parameters can be used remotely
- Methods can be invoked locally
- Parameters can be invoked locally
Question 841 : Data replication, where the same data is stored
- on single storage device
- on multiple storage devices
- on storage area network
- on distributed environment
Question 842 : In ________________________ each node periodically sends a message to the time server.
- Passive Time Server Centralized Algorithm
- Active Time Server Centralized Algorithm
- Global Averaging Distributed Algorithms
- Localized Averaging Distributed Algorithms
Question 843 : _____ transparency hides that a resource may move to the another location.
- Access transparency
- Migration transparency
- Replication transparency
- Failure transparency
Question 844 : ____ change the state of thread from suspen
Question 845 : Multithreading is also called as ____________
Question 846 : The NFS servers
- are stateless
- save the current state of the request
- maybe stateless
Question 847 : In which type of communication, messages are stored as long as sender and receiver are executing?
- RMI based Communication
- RPC based Communication
Question 848 : The ring election algorithm works by:
- Having all nodes in a ring of processors send a message to a coordinator who will elect the leader.
- Sending a token around a set of nodes. Whoever has the token is the coordinator.
- Sending a message around all available nodes and choosing the first one on the resultant list.
- Building a list of all live nodes and choosing the largest numbered node in the list.
Question 849 : Raymond’s Tree-Based Algorithm exchanges only ---------- messages under light load .
- O(Nlog2 N)
- O(log N)
Question 850 : Replication model in which no master replica or slave replica is_________.
- Client -Server