Distributed Computing MCQ
Question 401 : An RMI Server is responsible for _______
- All mentioned above
- Creating an instance of the remote object
- Exporting the remote object
- Binding the instance of the remote object to the RMI registry
Question 402 : Which of the following is correct about migration transparency?
- Local and remote objects should be accessed in a uniform way
- Objects are referred by logical names which hide the physical location of the objects
- Movement of object from one system to the other is invisible to user
- Sharing of objects without interference
Question 403 : Any successive write operation by a process on a data item x will be performed on a copy of x that is up to date with the value most recently read by that process.
- Writes follows reads
- Read your writes
Question 404 : Which of the following is disadvantage of NFS
- Easy to share if files are available on multiple machines
- Network slower than local disk
- Easier to administer server than client
- Access way more data that fits on your local disk
Question 405 : Non-token based algorithms uses ______________to order requests for the critical section
- sequence number
- token ID
Question 406 : Backward error recovery requires
Question 407 : _______________ algorithm requires clients to periodically synchronize with central time server.
- Cristian’s algorithm
- Berkeley algorithm
- Lamport algorithm
- Election algorithm
Question 408 : In distributed systems, transaction coordinator
- starts the execution of transaction
- breaks the transaction into number of sub transactions
- coordinates the termination of the transaction
- all of the mentioned
Question 409 : A resources can be termed as one of the following-
- Physical and database
- Physical and distributed
- Physical and logical
- Logical and virtual
Question 410 : Which of the following two operations are provided by the IPC f
- write & delete message
- delete & receive message
- send & delete message
- receive & send message
Question 411 : Which one of the following is not true about GFS?
- Cluster Based Architecture
- Client Caching
- End users do not interact
- Server Replication
Question 412 : X.500 directory uses _______.
- User Information Tree
- Directory Information Tree
- Person Information Tree
- system Information Tree
Question 413 : The security of distributed system can be achieved in terms of various security goals,which one is not the goal
- Denial Service
Question 414 : Replication model in which one copy is master and other copies are slaves is __________.
- Client -Server
- Permanent or
Question 415 : The protocols defined by X.500 include
Question 416 : What is the drawback of non-interleaving technique compared to interleaving technique in stream-oreinted communication
- Non-interleaving techniques is not providing synchronization.
- Non-interleaving technique is more complex.
- Non-interleaving technique does not handle loss of packets.
- Non-interleaving techniques requires larger buffer space.
Question 417 : Following is not need of fault tolerance in distributed system.
Question 418 : Which among the following is not performed be RPC Runtime
Question 419 : Which transparency deals with providing efficient access to the system by hiding the implementation details.
- Location Tranparency
- Access Tranparency
- Network Tranparency
- Failure Tarnsparency
Question 420 : For execution on process need
- Access Time
Question 421 : What is not a major goal for building distributed systems?
- Resource sharing
- Computation speedup
Question 422 : In mutual exclusion algorithm, number of messages per Critical Section invocation should be_________.
- Remain same
Question 423 : In global google sysytem indexing define as
- index for the contents of the web that is similar to an index at the back of a book
- Serial nos
- Serial nos in parrallel
- index of data
Question 424 : According to the ring algorithm, links between processes are _____
- Both bidirectional and unidirectional
- None of the mentioned
Question 425 : The portion of the process scheduler in an operating system that dispatches processes is concerned with ____________
- assigning ready processes to CPU
- assigning ready processes to waiting queue
- assigning running processes to blocked queue
- assigning new processes to cpu
Question 426 : In a distributed system, information is exchanged through __________.
- Memory sharing
- Message passing
- Email sending
- Network sharing
Question 427 : A single NFS write procedure ____________
- can be atomic
- is atomic
- is non atomic
- is automatic
Question 428 : Deterministic and probabilistic algorithms are the types of _____________.
- Static Load balancing algorithm
- Dynamic Load balancing algorithm
Question 429 : A system with "m" CPUs and "n" processes has the following case "m>n" in case of task assignment approch how scheduling will takes place ?
- There is a need to schedule the processes on CPUs and several processes may be assigned to each CPU
- Some CPUs may remain idle or work on processes allocated earlier
- Each process is allocated to one CPU
- This kind of senario does not exist
Question 430 : To enforce ………………….. two functions are provided enter-critical and exit-critical, where each function takes as an argument the name of the resource that is the subject of competition.
- Mutual exclusion
Question 431 : To what extent inconsistencies can be tolerated depends highly on the usage of a
Question 432 : A distributed system is a collection of _______________ computers that appears to its users as a single coherent system.
Question 433 : What is not true about Persistent Communication
- Message submitted for transmission is stored by communication system for as long as it takes to deliver it to receiver
- Not necessary for receiver to be executing at the time message submission
- Not necessary for sender to continue execution after submitting a message
- Sender and receiver has to be active simultaneously
Question 434 : For proper synchronization in distributed systems _____
- prevention from the deadlock is must
- prevention from the starvation is must
- prevention from the deadlock & starvation is must
- prevention from deadlock is not necessary
Question 435 : The Ricart & Agrawala distributed mutual exclusion algorithm is:
- More efficient and more fault tolerant than a centralized algorithm.
- More efficient but less fault tolerant than a centralized algorithm
- Less efficient but more fault tolerant than a centralized algorithm
- Less efficient and less fault tolerant than a centralized algorithm
Question 436 : Which of the following process can be affected by other processes during execution in the system?
- init process
- child process
- parent process
- cooperating process
Question 437 : If file system is growing without affecting performance of the system then this Union feature is called as?
Question 438 : Compared to single sharing system, the distribute system has higher________and __________
- noise and irrelevance
- reliability and availability
- bottleneck and single point of failure
- noise and bottleneck
Question 439 : In distributed systems, a logical clock is associated with ______________.
- each instruction
- each process
- each register
- each ALU
Question 440 : The process which blocks pipeline stage from accepting and processing new data is called
- Pipeline pre-processing
- Pipeline Flush
- Pipeline Interlock
- Pipeline lag
Question 441 : The mount mechanism ________ a transitive property.
- does not exhibit
- may exhibit
Question 442 : Suspending, migrating all resources as well as process and then resuming is known as ______.
- Total Freezing
- Pre Transferring
- On demand Exchange
- On demand migration
Question 443 : Which of the following is the drawback of static scheduling algorithm.
- Maximize the total processing time
- Maximum extent of resource utilization
- Get maximum throughput
- To adjust the system fluctuation
Question 444 : A socket uses ____________ to transmit data between the sender and the reciever.
Question 445 : Synchronization of complex stream data deals with-
- maintaining temporal relations between streams
- ensuring receiver receives data in the same order sent.
- sender and receiver being running at the same time
- receiving data without errors
Question 446 : ____lends itself to implementation in distributed systems as well as in shared-memory multiprocessor and uni-processor system.
- message passing
- strong semaphore
- binary semaphore
Question 447 : Single point failure is observed in this type of process resilence group.
- Hierarchical Group
- flat group
- IETF group
- Collected process Group
Question 448 : Which of the following conditions is not requied to solve the critical section problem?
- Mutual Exclusion
- Bounded Waiting
Question 449 : A semaphore is a shared integer variable that can not
- drop below zero
- be more than zero
- drop below one
- that cannot be more than one
Question 450 : Process of suspending execution at source and resuming at destination is known as_________.